Q. What does it mean if there is an embargo on a thesis?
- An embargo on a thesis means that the author has asked for access to the thesis to be restricted. This applies to both the e-thesis and the hard copy.
- The embargo can be for a limited period of time or indefinitely.
- Sometimes all of the thesis is under embargo, sometimes only specified chapters are.
- An author can request an embargo for various reasons, e.g. if the author intends to publish the thesis or use the work commercially.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about an embargoed thesis.