Q. How do I get an ALCID card?
ALCID is a co-operative scheme allowing access to many academic libraries in Ireland. UCC is a member.
- UCC staff and degree level postgraduate students can visit participating libraries and consult material (no borrowing).
- Fill out the application form below to apply for an ALCID card and submit it. Your Library Account must be in order - no fines or overdue books.
- You will receive an email when the ALCID card is ready.
- Sign the card when you collect it. The card is valid from October to September of the following year.
- When you want to visit a library, check the library website for information about ALCID access (participating libraries listed below).
- Take your valid ALCID card and your student/staff card with you when you visit the library.
TIP: If you are visiting a library to consult specific material, contact the library in advance to make sure the material is available.