Q. Do I need to make an appointment to use Special Collections?
You don't have to make an appointment but, as a lot of our collections are held in storage, you may need to request them in advance.
- Items in the small reference collection in the Reading Room - no advance notice needed.
- The microform collection - no notice needed.
- Manuscript material - 1 day’s notice.
- Early printed books collection - half a day’s notice.
- Any other material - half a day's notice.
To request material, fill in the online form on the Special Collections Guide.
TIP: To speed things up make sure you have the author, title and classification number of the item.