Where is the Energy Pod?
- UCC Library now has an Energy Pod on Q+3 near the Multimedia area.
- It is a reclining chair where you can either relax or nap for up to 20 minutes and you do not need to book it, you can use it if it is unoccupied.
- A short nap can refresh you and increase alertness and productivity*.
- The control panel is on the inside of the arm of the chair.
- Pull around the privacy visor to block out distractions.
- Plug in headphones to listen to music.
- There are storage areas beside the seat inside the pod where you can store your belongings.
- The red and green status lights at the back show if the unit is free (green light) and how long it will be occupied (red light flashing).
*Autumn, M., Monica, H., Jitendra, M. & Bharat, M. 2016, "The Perfect Nap", Advances in Management, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1-8.