Q. Do I have to book a seat in the library?
At present it is necessary to book a study space in the library. UCC students and staff can book a study space here: https://libguides.ucc.ie/seat_booking
- Select a zone where you want to study.
- Click on Go to Date on the calendar and select the date you want.
- A grid with the seats will appear. Select a seat and click on the times you want to book for (half hour slots up to 8 hours per person, per day, maximum booking duration 4 hours).
- Click Submit Times and read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Click Continue and you will be asked for your details: you must use your UCC email to book.
- You will receive a confirmation email. If you don't, please check your spam folder or contact the email@example.com with any questions.
- When you come in to the library, you must check in when you arrive at the seat, using the QR code or URL (web address). Enter the code you received in the booking confirmation email. If you do not check in within 15 minutes of the booking time your booking will be cancelled.
You do not need to book a study space if you are making a short visit to the library, i.e. to return or borrow books or to print.