Q. What does 'subject to recall 'mean?
- When you take a standard loan book out, it is due back in 6 weeks, subject to recall.
- This means that if another library user needs the book and requests it, the book is recalled and the return date may be brought forward.
- You receive a recall email so check the return date in the notice in case it has changed.
- You are guaranteed the book for at least 2 weeks from the date you checked it out.
- if you have already had the book for at least 2 weeks, you are given 3 days to return it.
- You cannot renew a book that has been recalled.
- The fine on a recalled book that is not returned on time is €1 per day.