Q. How do I get an ALCID card?
ALCID is a co-operative scheme allowing access to many academic libraries in Ireland. UCC is a member.
- UCC staff and degree level postgraduate students can visit participating libraries and consult material (no borrowing).
- Fill out the application form below to apply for an ALCID card and bring it to the Library & IT Desk. Your Library Account must be in order - no fines or overdue books.
- You get the ALCID card which you sign. The card is valid for a year, from October to September of the following year.
- When you want to visit a library, check the library website for information about ALCID access.
- Take your valid ALCID card and your student/staff card with you when you visit the library.
TIP: If you are visiting a library to consult specific material, contact the library in advance to make sure the material is available.
Was this helpful? 0 0